Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Doors



"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live."
~Flora Whittemore

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
~Alexander Graham Bell

I have a thing for vintage keys & keyholes. To me they represent the end of one stage and the beginning of another! I can honestly say I'm guilty and have looked long at the closed door...but I'm so happy that I took the leap of faith and turned around to notice the most amazing door that was open! :) Take the leap of Faith and open that new door!!

Thanks for letting me share! :)
~N

**Vintage keys & keyhole collection to be added soon to my Etsy store at http://www.itscharming.etsy.com/





3 comments:

  1. I really like this quote... so true! I'm going to write it down in my journal of favorite quotes. Love your beautiful blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy: I, too, adore old keys. And I agree; they are definitely symbolic of change and new beginnings! If we lived close to each other, we'd totally go shopping for antiques! Have a lovely night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila,

    Thanks for the comment!! :) I agree we so would go shopping together!!! :) I have a feeling our love for vintage treasures is about the same!!

    xoxo
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete